Sekėjai

Ieškoti šiame dienoraštyje

2026 m. rugsėjo 29 d., antradienis

The Thieves Promise to Be More Discreet About Their Thefts—After All, It Doesn't Look Good to Flaunt the Fact That They’ve Already Created a "Welfare State" and Communism, But Only for Themselves and at Our Expense: War Minister Kaunas apologizes for the Ministry of War party that cost nearly 48,000 euros.


“Minister of War Robertas Kaunas has apologized for a Ministry event that sparked significant debate over its cost. According to the minister, the format and price of the event—which cost nearly 50,000 euros—were inappropriate given the current situation.

 

'In recent days, the Ministry of National Defence community event has drawn a lot of reactions. I have listened to all the feedback; I understand people and their concerns. I take this very seriously,' the politician wrote on Facebook.

 

According to the minister, although the funds were not used for the personal needs of the ministry's leadership or politicians, and the event was organized for Ministry of National Defence employees to strengthen the community, boost morale, and foster team cohesion, it nevertheless caused public concern.

 

'Were the chosen format, timing, and cost appropriate for the current geopolitical situation? I believe not.

 

Therefore, I sincerely apologize to those for whom this situation caused anger, disappointment, anxiety, or doubt. I hear and understand this reaction,' he wrote." Kaunas: I have drawn conclusions and will make changes

 

According to him, the minister bears responsibility for the ministry's activities—regardless of the extent of his personal involvement in specific processes or decisions—so "there will be no hunt for scapegoats."

 

He states that he has analyzed the situation and drawn two concrete conclusions from it.

 

He noted that an agreement has already been reached with the chair of the Ministry of National Defence (KAM) trade union to develop a "clear, transparent system for employee motivation and community strengthening that is understandable to everyone."

 

"It must align with current realities and principles of rational fund usage, and must not raise legitimate concerns among the public," the minister wrote.

 

According to Kaunas, there are issues within the ministry’s administrative and office operations that require "not just piecemeal fixes, but a systemic review."

 

"I will dedicate my personal time and attention to this.

 

The national defence system must, above all, foster a sense of security among the people. Therefore, I apologize once again," the minister concluded.

Unceasing debate follows revelation of party costs

 

Last week, the news portal lrytas.lt and Lietuvos Rytas TV reported on an event for Ministry of National Defence employees that cost nearly 48,000 euros.

 

The initial budget estimate shared by lrytas.lt indicated that venue rental cost 5,100 euros; catering services – 12,000 euros; moderator services – 1,500 euros; "Baltos Varnos" – 1,452 euros; Donatas Montvydas – 7,865 euros; a performance by illusionist Anton Lavrentyev – 2,178 euros.

 

However, the Ministry’s Budget and Finance Department urged a reduction of the initial budget estimate (totaling 50,364 euros). The final budget for the event was 47,559 euros; of this amount, 44,994 euros were covered by Ministry of National Defence funds, while the remainder was paid for by the event participants themselves.

 

For its part, the Ministry stated that approximately 200 employees from the Ministry of National Defence and the General Affairs Department attended the event.

 

Prime Minister Mindaugas Sinkevičius also demanded an explanation regarding this matter from the Minister of National Defence."

 


 

 

Komentarų nėra: